- Family history
- You can’t change your family history. Your doctor needs to know!!
- Just “stop it”. It’s your only choice!
- High cholesterol
- Get it checked regularly. Diet and exercise will help reduce your cholesterol.
- High blood pressure
- Diet, exercise, weight loss.
- Reduce how much salt you use and how much alcohol you drink.
- Lack of physical activity
- Exercise 30 minutes/day; 6 days/week
- Walk, jog, run, dance, swim, bike – have fun!
- Lose the extra pounds. Your heart is working overtime!
- Turn off the TV and the computer. Get outside and exercise!
- Poor diet
- Read the labels on products you buy
- Get rid of saturated and trans-fats
- Choose whole-grain breads
- Add fresh fruits and vegetables to every meal
- Bake, broil, roast. Say good-bye to fried foods
- Eat more fish and chicken!
- Low or non-fat dairy products
- Place limits on how much you eat
Get smart! Make healthy food choices.
You know what they are!